Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 3⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- to taste egg substitute (to equal 1 egg)
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 (14 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 orange, rind of, grated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup icing sugar
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons orange juice
- Beat sugar with margarine, using electric mixer.
- Add egg, beating until light. Beat in buttermilk, pumpkin, orange rind and vanilla.
- Combine flours, cinnamon, baking soda and raisins.
- Stir into pumpkin mixture until combined.
- Bake in lightly-greased and floured 10-inch Bundt pan at 325 degrees for 60 to 65 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Cool 20 minutes and remove from pan.
- Glaze: Blend icing sugar with orange juice. Drizzle over cooled cake.