Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I made this for the first time on Christmas day 2004. I didn't feel like doing a pie so I did a cake instead. This is so light and moist! It's hard to stop eating it. I used cream cheese icing for my cake which I believed to be the perfect choice. It's not very sweet so it didn't overpower the pumpkin flavor. Yummy!!!
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix (can use other mixes if desired)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (16 ounce) canlibbys 100% pumpkin puree
- Combine all ingredients until well blended.
- Pour into a greased and floured tube pan or two 8-inch cake pans.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 1 hour or when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes and then invert onto cooling racks.
- Frost as desired when cool.
There were no eggs in this recipe. I added 4 eggs and it was very good.
this is very good. everyone liked it. Thank you.