Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Another recipe from a Princess House Brochure. Looks really yummy!
- 1 (15 ounce) can solid pack pumpkin
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped walnuts
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the first five ingredients, transfer to a rectangular baking dish.
- Sprinkle with dry cake mix and drizzle with butter.
- Top with walnuts.
- Bake at 350 for one hour or until knife inserted in center, comes out clean.
This didn't turn out as I had hoped. I wouldn't call this a cake. It came out more like a pudding with topping that didn't get as streusel-y as I think it was supposed to. BUT it is yummy although too sweet for me. And the kids LOVE it!! Made in honor of Chef-I-am.