Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is from Cooking Light, October 1997. The rum glaze will seep into the cake if it's spooned over it while the cake is still warm. Putting here for safe keeping!
- 768.91 ml all-purpose flour
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 12.32 ml ground cinnamon
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml ground nutmeg
- 1.23 ml salt
- 354.88 ml pumpkin puree (fresh or canned)
- 118.29 ml applesauce
- 354.88 ml granulated sugar
- 118.29 ml margarine, softened
- 3 large egg whites
- 9.85 ml vanilla extract
- cooking spray
- 44.37 ml brown sugar
- 14.79 ml dark rum
- 4.92 ml skim milk
- 44.37 ml powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine first 6 ingredients; set flour mixture aside. Combine pumpkin and applesauce; set aside.
- Beat granulated sugar and margarine in a large bowl at medium speed of a mixer until well-blended (about 5 minutes).
- Add egg whites and vanilla, beating well.
- Add flour mixture to sugar mixture alternately with pumpkin mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Pour batter into a 12-cup Bundt pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 50 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes; remove from pan.
- Combine brown sugar, rum, and milk in a small saucepan, and cook over low heat until brown sugar dissolves. Remove sugar mixture from heat, and add powdered sugar, stirring with a whisk. Spoon glaze over warm cake.