Recipe by Dee514
This is one of those cakes that I usually make around Halloween/Thanksgiving, since pumpkins are plentiful. However, it is just as wonderful any other time of year (using canned puree).
Top Review by Jo in Arlington
I'm always looking for new recipes for bundt cakes and this is a keeper! Makes a very dense and flavorful cake. The glaze is very tasty. I used canned pumpkin, butter and 2% milk.
- 768.91 ml all-purpose flour
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 12.32 ml ground cinnamon
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml ground nutmeg
- 1.23 ml salt
- 354.88 ml fresh pumpkin puree or 354.88 ml canned pumpkin puree
- 118.29 ml applesauce
- 354.88 ml granulated sugar
- 118.29 ml margarine, softened
- 3 large egg whites
- 9.85 ml vanilla extract
- cooking spray
- 44.37 ml dark brown sugar or 44.37 ml light brown sugar
- 14.79 ml dark rum
- 4.92 ml skim milk
- 44.37 ml powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine first 6 ingredients; set flour mixture aside.
- Combine pumpkin and applesauce; set aside.
- Beat granulated sugar and margarine in a large bowl at medium speed of a mixer until well-blended (about 5 minutes).
- Add egg whites and vanilla, beating well.
- Add flour mixture to sugar mixture alternately with pumpkin mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Pour batter into a 12-cup Bundt pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 50 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes; remove from pan.
- Combine brown sugar, rum, and milk in a small saucepan, and cook over low heat until brown sugar dissolves.
- Remove sugar mixture from heat, and add powdered sugar, stirring with a whisk.
- Spoon glaze over warm cake.