1 hr 10 mins
This is one of those cakes that I usually make around Halloween/Thanksgiving, since pumpkins are plentiful. However, it is just as wonderful any other time of year (using canned puree).
My Private Note
Bundt C ...
Units: US | Metric
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups fresh pumpkin puree or 1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup margarine, softened
- 3 large egg whites
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- cooking spray
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2Combine first 6 ingredients; set flour mixture aside.
- 3Combine pumpkin and applesauce; set aside.
- 4Beat granulated sugar and margarine in a large bowl at medium speed of a mixer until well-blended (about 5 minutes).
- 5Add egg whites and vanilla, beating well.
- 6Add flour mixture to sugar mixture alternately with pumpkin mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- 7Pour batter into a 12-cup Bundt pan coated with cooking spray.
- 8Bake at 350° for 50 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 9Cool in pan 10 minutes; remove from pan.
- 10Combine brown sugar, rum, and milk in a small saucepan, and cook over low heat until brown sugar dissolves.
- 11Remove sugar mixture from heat, and add powdered sugar, stirring with a whisk.
- 12Spoon glaze over warm cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin-Spice Bundt Cake
Serving Size: 1 (111 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 332.1
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 352.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 30.7 g
- Protein 4.6 g