Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
I went home with a friend in college around Christmas time and his mother was making this - it smells SO good when baking, and tastes even better! Definitely NOT low-fat... You can make it whatever size you want - muffins, small loaves, etc...anything works! Just make sure you reduce the baking time for smaller portions. They're great for holiday gifts for neighbors, co-workers, etc.!
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup pitted chopped dates (optional)
- Tip: It is easiest to double this recipe because one can of pumpkin typically contains about 2 cups.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix.
- Mix wet ingredients in separate bowl.
- Make a well in the center of the dry mix; pour wet ingredients into well and mix until blended.
- Pour into loaf dishes that have been greased with Crisco and sprinkled with cinnamon.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 50 minutes.
These were delicious! We made muffins and the flavor was perfect. Thanks for a great recipe, we'll be making these again!
This was so good. My husband has requested it weekly :). Next time will be adding extra spices.
This recipe is so easy and tastes great. The bread has a nice light texture. I changed the spices to my taste, using pumpkin pie spice and extra nutmeg, and it was awesome.