Cook1 hr 10 mins
Hooray for fall! We love this pumpkin bread recipe--especially when the slices are slathered with a generous spread of cream cheese. Makes two loaves, so freeze the other one, or heck--eat it. This bread goes fast.
- Heat oven to 350.
- in a large mixing bowl, combine pumpkin, sugar, water, vegetable oil and eggs.
- Beat until well mixed.
- Measure the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, nutmeg and cloves into a separate bowl and stir until combined.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture, beating until smooth.
- Grease two 9 x 5 inch loaf pans and dust with flour.
- Evenly divide the batter between the two pans.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10-15 minutes, then remove from pans by inverting onto a rack and tapping the bottoms.
- Slice and serve plain, buttered, or with cream cheese.
- Note: Cream cheese is the ONLY thing to put on this bread because--it is so so so yummy!