Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A co-worker brought this in to share for the holidays. It was delicious! I asked her for the recipe and here it is:
- 3 cups flour
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons baking soda
- 1 cup oil
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 4 eggs
- 14 ounces pumpkin (this is 1 can single pie size)
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped walnuts
- Mix together dry ingredients. Add oil, water, eggs and pumpkin and mix well. Stir in nuts.
- Pour into 3 loaf pans, which have been well-greased and floured. Bake 1 hour at 350 degrees F. or until knife inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean. Freezes well.
This is super yummy! My loaves all fell in the center, but I think it is a problem with the oven...or perhaps a problem with my husband (he took them out LOL!!) But the consistency was still perfect and the spices were just right! Thanks for a great recipe!
Sounds good I will have to try it and let you know. Thanks for the recipe.