Recipe by Rowenna
I found a recipe in a Raley's magazine, but found it wasn't all I expected. After some massive modification, voici! My first original recipe! My oven is unusually slow, so I recommend keeping a close watch on the time; it shouldn't be too moist, and it shouldn't be cookie-like either. Add chocolate chips for an extra kick!
- 1⁄2 cup I Can't Believe It's Not Butter® Spread
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 12 teaspoons Splenda granular
- 3⁄4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon imitation maple flavor
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 9 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 6 1⁄4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 9 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup almond meal
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray a 9-by-13-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cream together butter, brown sugar and Splenda.
- Beat in pumpkin, maple flavor, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, pumpkin pie spice, allspice, and clove.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and pour into prepared pan. Bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely. Cut into twelve bars. Enjoy!