Recipe by Mirj
These taste just like a crisp autumn day!
Top Review by Sydney Mike
These bars were a hit with a group I host! Simple to make & great-tasting, too! I inadvertantly mixed in the coconut with the topping rather than sprinkling it on the top, but it was just fine that way, too! Thanks for such a great recipe!
- 1 package spice cake mix
- 16 ounces cooked pumpkin or 16 ounces cooked canned pumpkin
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 lb confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup flaked coconut, lightly toasted
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil or 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F degrees.
- Grease a jelly roll pan (large baking sheet with a small edge all the way around).
- In a large bowl using a mixer, at low speed blend cake mix with salad oil, eggs, and pumpkin.
- Blend until moistened.
- Then mix at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour into prepared pan; bake until top is firm to touch; about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, at low speed beat cream cheese, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Add confectioners sugar; beat until smooth.
- spread evenly over completely cooled cake.
- Sprinkle with toasted coconut.
- To serve, cut in 2 inch bars.