Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I usually double this to fill a 13x9 pan..We like it almost better than pumpkin pie
Make and share this Pumpkin Special Dessert recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup pecans
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups Cool Whip
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 3 ounces vanilla instant pudding mix
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Mix crust ingredients and spread in bottom of 8" pie --
- Bake at 350* for 15 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack before covering with filling.
- to prepare FILLING:.
- Combine 1 cup cool whip,8 oz cream cheese, 1 tsp vanilla and powdered sugar.mix well.
- spread on cooled crust.
- Mix pudding mix (dry) 1 cup cool whip, pumpkin, vanilla and spices.beat slowly.
- Pour on top of cream cheese layer.
- Spread remaining cool whip on top.
This is an excellent dessert for Thanksgiving. I was looking for this and there are a lot of recipes like this but not with the pumpkin. This is nice for Thanksgiving.
It called for 2/3 cup milk, however in the recipe never said where to add it; assumed it went in with the pudding layer? I cut back the cream cheese to 3 or 4 oz and it worked well.