1/1 Photo of Pumpkin Sourdough Waffles
A delicious fall treat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup sourdough starter, freshly fed
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (I used Baking Spice Blend Mix)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin or 1 cup butternut squash puree
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4-1/3 cup milk, as needed
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans or 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1Place the oats in a blender container and process to break up flakes.
- 2In a medium bowl combine the processed oats, flour, spice blend, salt, baking soda and brown sugar.
- 3Add the pumpkin, egg and butter stirring to combine; add the starter and the milk as needed to reach proper consistency for a thick waffle batter; stir in nuts.
- 4Bake on preheated waffle iron as per manufacturers suggestion.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Sourdough Waffles
Serving Size: 1 (107 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 333.3
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 75.0 mg
- Sodium 668.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 10.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: