Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A delicious fall treat.
- 1⁄2 cup sourdough starter, freshly fed
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (I used Baking Spice Blend Mix)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin or 1 cup butternut squash puree
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup milk, as needed
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans or 1⁄4 cup walnuts
- Place the oats in a blender container and process to break up flakes.
- In a medium bowl combine the processed oats, flour, spice blend, salt, baking soda and brown sugar.
- Add the pumpkin, egg and butter stirring to combine; add the starter and the milk as needed to reach proper consistency for a thick waffle batter; stir in nuts.
- Bake on preheated waffle iron as per manufacturers suggestion.
YOU'VE GOT A GREAT WAFFLE RECIPE HERE! Made these pretty much as indicated! Used pumpkin puree & toasted pecans for a satisfying breakfast! Even pumped up the main taste by using pumpkin butter, then topped it all with some light corn syrup! VERY, VERY NICE! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my partners in the Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #22]