This recipe is one I make often. It comes from The best quick breads cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons apple pie spice (or a combination of 3/4 tsp cinnamon and 3/4 tsp nutmeg) or 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (or a combination of 3/4 tsp cinnamon and 3/4 tsp nutmeg)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1In a large bowl, combine the floukr, baking powder, baking soda, spices, and salt.
- 2In another bowl, beat the egg yolks, oil, brown sugar, buttermilk, sour cream, and pumpkin with a whisk until smooth, about 1 minute.
- 3With an electric mixer, beat the egg whites in a separate bowl until soft peaks form.
- 4Pour the pumpkin sour cream mixture into the dry ingredients, and stir just until moistened.
- 5With a large spatula, fold in the whites until no white streaks are visible.
- 6Heat the waffle iron to med-high.
- 7Brush the waffle iron with oil or melted butter.
- 8For each waffle, pour 1 cup of the batter into the grid.
- 9Close the lid and bake until the waffle is crisp and well browned, about 4-5 minutes.
- 10Remove from the iron with a fork.
- 11Serve right away or cool completely on racks, store in plastic bags, and freeze for up to 2 months.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin-Sour Cream Waffles
Serving Size: 1 (1318 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 360.6
- Calories from Fat 200
- Total Fat 22.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 109.1 mg
- Sodium 493.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 10.3 g
- Protein 7.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
apple pie spice