Recipe by Oolala
A bit different from those posted. I love the way this sounds but I may lighten up the heavy cream for dieting reasons.
- 3 cups canned pumpkin
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried ground sage
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herb seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 shallots, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2⁄3 cup extra dry vermouth
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- ground cinnamon, for garnish
- roasted pumpkin seeds, for garnish (optional)
- crouton, for garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heavy 3 quart saucepan or Dutch oven, over medium-high heat, melt butter and saute shallots and garlic until golden, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in sage, Italian herbs, and parsley; saute another minute.
- Stir in vermouth and reduce heat to medium.
- Stir in pumpkin and enough vegetable stock to make the mixture smooth.
- Slowly add remaining stock and then gradually stir in the cream.
- Bring to a simmer and then reduce heat to keep the soup hot , but not bubbling.
- Add stock or cream if you prefer thinner soup and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve in warm bowls and dust with a bit of cinnamon, if desired, add any pumpkin seeds and/or croutons to garnish.