A bit different from those posted. I love the way this sounds but I may lighten up the heavy cream for dieting reasons.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups canned pumpkin
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon dried ground sage
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herb seasoning
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 shallots, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2/3 cup extra dry vermouth
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- ground cinnamon, for garnish
- roasted pumpkin seeds, for garnish (optional)
- crouton, for garnish (optional)
- 1In a heavy 3 quart saucepan or Dutch oven, over medium-high heat, melt butter and saute shallots and garlic until golden, about 4 minutes.
- 2Stir in sage, Italian herbs, and parsley; saute another minute.
- 3Stir in vermouth and reduce heat to medium.
- 4Stir in pumpkin and enough vegetable stock to make the mixture smooth.
- 5Slowly add remaining stock and then gradually stir in the cream.
- 6Bring to a simmer and then reduce heat to keep the soup hot , but not bubbling.
- 7Add stock or cream if you prefer thinner soup and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 8Serve in warm bowls and dust with a bit of cinnamon, if desired, add any pumpkin seeds and/or croutons to garnish.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Soup With Vermouth
Serving Size: 1 (271 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 395.4
- Calories from Fat 336
- Total Fat 37.4 g
- Saturated Fat 23.3 g
- Cholesterol 129.0 mg
- Sodium 329.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 3.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: