Recipe by HocoRuco
This is a very nice winter weather soup. It is thick and hearty and you can vary the vegetables depending on your taste. I've added corn to it (in addition to carrot and celery) and really enjoyed it. Onion would probably also be nice. A dash of red pepper flakes could also be nice.
- 2 lbs ground turkey (or ground beef)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 5 cups boiling water
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 1⁄2 cups elbow macaroni or 1 1⁄2 cups shell pasta
- parmesan cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large kettle, brown meat.
- Add salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and onion soup mix.
- Stir in boiling water, tomato sauce, and soy sauce.
- Cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add pumpkin and vegetables.
- Cook 30 minutes.
- Add pasta and simmer an additional 30 minutes, adding more water if necessary.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese.