Recipe by Sarah in MI
Yummy creamy pumpkin soup with no dairy in it, silky soup with little chucks of veggie in it, great for using up a bit of leftover canned pumpkin. Modified from a book, Make it now, Bake it later.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 small bay leaf
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage, crushed
- 4 cups vegetable broth (or chicken broth)
- 2 cups canned pumpkin puree
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- .Saute carrot, onion and celery, bay leaf and sage in olive oil on medium heat, season with salt and pepper.
- Cook until soft and translucent, and just beginning to carmelize, about 8-10 minutes.
- Stir in canned pumpkin, and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil and then simmer about 15 minutes, or until desired consistency is reached.
- Will be a creamy soup with little chucks of veggie in it, can be made even more creamy by pureeing with a submersion blender if desired.