Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 3 cups of baked and mashed pumpkin
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced thinly
- 1⁄2 cup red cabbage, chopped finely
- 1 banana pepper, chopped
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1⁄2 cup yogurt
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- We cut the pumpkin you see above into two, took the seeds out with a spoon, and placing the two halves on an oven pan baked them until soft. (with one half, Aaron made a pumpkin pie, the other half got into this soup).
- -Heat the oil in a big pot and stir in the onion and garlic. After 3-4 minutes, add in red cabbage, banana pepper, mustard seeds, and cumin seeds. Stir for 8-10 minutes.
- -Add paprika, stir for a minute and then add pumpkin puree, vegetable stock, yogurt, black pepper, pepper flakes, thyme, and rosemary, and salt. Simmer for half an hour.
- -I smoothened the soup with a hand blender, my soup master; however, if you want a chunky soup, you don't need the soup master.