Recipe by Oolala
Posted by Carole Farr Drexel in Recipes of the G.O.P. by the cookbook committee of Fort Worth Republican Women. Sounds easy and very good. Don't want to lose this.
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 cups low-sodium low-fat chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1⁄2 cup pumpkin seeds, toasted (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large stockpot over low heat.
- Add shallots, onion, and ginger and saute until the onion is soft and golden.
- Be careful not to scorch the ginger.
- Add pumpkin, orange juice, stock, salt, orange zest, pepper and cloves and simmer for 10 minutes over medium heat.
- Garnish with parsley and toasted pumpkin seeds.