1/5 Photos of Pumpkin Soup With Curry and Basil
My sis and me came up with this soup one day, cause we had to use up some fresh basil so that it would not go to waste. Its an unusual combination, but very tasty. Spicy and warming with a fresh green touch from the basil. I hope youll enjoy it! :) You may use any pumpkin/squash you like, but please note that hokkaido squash has an edible peel. If your squash does not, make sure to peel it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 4 -6 teaspoons curry powder (use as much as you feel youd like)
- 1 big garlic clove, minced
- 3 small spring onions, sliced
- 1 medium hokkaido squash, diced (ca. 950 g prepared)
- 1 1/3 liters hot water, might need more
- salt and pepper
- 10 leaves fresh basil, chopped
- 1Heat oil and sesame oil in a big cast iron pan.
- 2Add curry powder and garlic. Saute for a minute or so until curry is fragrant and garlic lightly browned. Add onions and squash/pumpkin and saute a little longer.
- 3Pour over enough hot water to cover veggies. Let simmer covered for about 30 minutes until squash/pumpkin is tender (This step might take longer depending on what type of squash/pumpkin you use).
- 4When everything is done, puree soup to desired consistency using a hand-held blender. You might need to add more water.
- 5Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 6Just before serving add a tbs or so of the chopped basil to each bowl of soup.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Soup With Curry and Basil
Serving Size: 1 (341 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 79.1
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 79.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 0.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: