adapted from The Mediterranean Collection. posted for ZWT.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 500 g pumpkin flesh, cubed
- 4 fresh thyme sprigs
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled but left whole
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 red chili pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 1/4 liters vegetable stock
- salt and pepper, as needed
- 1Put pumpkin, thyme sprigs and garlic cloves in a roasting tin to fit in snugly in a single layer.
- 2Add half of the oil and toss gently to coat well. Season liberally with sat and pepper and roast in a preheated oven, 200C (400F), Gas Mark 6, for 30 minutes, until charred and softened.
- 3Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a deep saucepan. Gently fry onion, celery and chili for 10 mins or until softened,.
- 4.Add the stock, bring to a boil and simmer, covered for 20 minutes Stir in the roasted pumpkin and all the pan scrapings, return to boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 5Discard thyme sprigs, then transfer the soup to a food processor or blender and puree in batches, until smooth, Keep warm.
- 6Place all the ingredients for the coriander pistou in a spice grinder and grind to form a smooth paste, or use a mortar and pestle. Spoon the soup into warmed bowls and swirl a llittle pistou in each one.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Soup With Coriander Pistou (France)
Serving Size: 1 (66 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 188.5
- Calories from Fat 171
- Total Fat 19.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.7 mg
- Sodium 27.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 1.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh thyme sprigs