Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Lots of variations of Pumpkin Soup, this is our family favourite.
Make and share this Pumpkin Soup With Coriander Paste recipe from Food.com.
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 kg pumpkin, chopped
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup fresh coriander leaves (cilantro)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- Heat oil in large pan, add the spices and cook over low heat for 2 minutes, without browning.
- Add the onion, celery and pumpkin and stir for 2 minutes to coat the vegetables in the spice mixture.
- Add stock and bring to boil.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes, or until pumpkin is tender.
- Allow to cool slightly.
- Puree the mixture in batches in a food processor until smooth.
- Return to the pan, stir in the coconut milk, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and reheat gently.
- If too thick, stir in a little extra stock.
- Finely chop the coriander and mint leaves.
- Combine in a bowl with the ginger and sugar.
- Spoon a little on top of the soup and stir through to add flavour, colour and texture.
Delicious! I put and extra 1/2 cup of coconut cream in because I had some extra in the fridge. My food processor isn't working so I used a potato masher and the pumpkin came out with a nice consistency. My husband has declared this his new favorite soup!
EXCELLENT! My family really enjoyed this soup, Eve! My daughter helped make it, and had 2 great big bowls! (she's the "picky" one, so I was so pleased!) Very simple to make, and it was ready in about 45 minutes! Next time I will cut the coconut milk a little, maybe to 2/3 cup. The coriander paste is a fabulous addition at the end. I will be making this soup often! Thanks for a fabulous recipe!