Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Lots of variations of Pumpkin Soup, this is our family favourite.
Make and share this Pumpkin Soup With Coriander Paste recipe from Food.com.
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 kg pumpkin, chopped
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup fresh coriander leaves (cilantro)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- Heat oil in large pan, add the spices and cook over low heat for 2 minutes, without browning.
- Add the onion, celery and pumpkin and stir for 2 minutes to coat the vegetables in the spice mixture.
- Add stock and bring to boil.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes, or until pumpkin is tender.
- Allow to cool slightly.
- Puree the mixture in batches in a food processor until smooth.
- Return to the pan, stir in the coconut milk, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and reheat gently.
- If too thick, stir in a little extra stock.
- Finely chop the coriander and mint leaves.
- Combine in a bowl with the ginger and sugar.
- Spoon a little on top of the soup and stir through to add flavour, colour and texture.
Delicious! I put and extra 1/2 cup of coconut cream in because I had some extra in the fridge. My food processor isn't working so I used a potato masher and the pumpkin came out with a nice consistency. My husband has declared this his new favorite soup!
EXCELLENT! My family really enjoyed this soup, Eve! My daughter helped make it, and had 2 great big bowls! (she's the "picky" one, so I was so pleased!) Very simple to make, and it was ready in about 45 minutes! Next time I will cut the coconut milk a little, maybe to 2/3 cup. The coriander paste is a fabulous addition at the end. I will be making this soup often! Thanks for a fabulous recipe!