Lots of variations of Pumpkin Soup, this is our family favourite.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 1/2 kg pumpkin, chopped
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1Heat oil in large pan, add the spices and cook over low heat for 2 minutes, without browning.
- 2Add the onion, celery and pumpkin and stir for 2 minutes to coat the vegetables in the spice mixture.
- 3Add stock and bring to boil.
- 4Cover and simmer for 30 minutes, or until pumpkin is tender.
- 5Allow to cool slightly.
- 6Puree the mixture in batches in a food processor until smooth.
- 7Return to the pan, stir in the coconut milk, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and reheat gently.
- 8If too thick, stir in a little extra stock.
- 10Finely chop the coriander and mint leaves.
- 11Combine in a bowl with the ginger and sugar.
- 12Spoon a little on top of the soup and stir through to add flavour, colour and texture.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Soup With Coriander Paste
Serving Size: 1 (422 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 314.4
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 4.5 mg
- Sodium 240.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 9.9 g
- Protein 9.6 g