1/4 Photos of Pumpkin Soup With a Kick
1 hr 35 mins
A Thai pumpkin soup without the coconut milk or cream and came about as a combination of several recipes on ZAAR. The quantities of vegetables given are a guide line. I also use a heavy enameled cast iron pot to cook in. Will freeze well but needs to be blended when defrosted before heating. The preparation time is taken up in peeling and chopping vegetables you could use predone if available. Also if you wanted to make it vegetarian use vegetable stock in place of chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and chop vegetables into bite size pieces.
- 2Warm oil in pot, add Red Thai Curry Paste, sauté onion and leek until soft (about 2 to 3 minutes), add other vegetable and stir for another minute of two.
- 3Add chicken stock and bring to the boil, turn down to a simmer and cook for 40 to 45 minutes.
- 4Let cool then either blend in a blender or food process or use a stick blender to smooth out.
- 5Serve with a dollop of cream or sour cream if desired.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Soup With a Kick
Serving Size: 1 (490 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 315.7
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 446.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.9 g
- Sugars 16.4 g
- Protein 10.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Thai red curry paste