1/3 Photos of Pumpkin Soup, New Zealand Recipe.
This New Zealand recipe came from my sister Tracey, it sounded at first like too much work with two pots but when I tried it out it was so yummy that it was well worth it and it's become a family favourite for whenever pumpkins are cheap enough to indulge in here in The Netherlands since pumpkin isn't really such a "regular" veggie here. If we travel and I find pumpkin, this is the recipe I indulge in !
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook pumpkin and onion in 60 grams (2oz) butter for 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 2Add water and cook gently until pumpkin is very tender.
- 3Push through a sieve or pureé in blender with a little of the milk.
- 4Melt remaining butter in clean pan and stir in flour, then pumpkin pureé and remaining milk stirring until well blended.
- 5Season with salt, pepper& nutmeg.
- 6Simmer 20 minutes.
- 7If desired take out a little soup, blend with egg yolk and stir back into big soup mixture just before serving.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Soup, New Zealand Recipe.
Serving Size: 1 (274 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 254.7
- Calories from Fat 184
- Total Fat 20.5 g
- Saturated Fat 12.9 g
- Cholesterol 56.6 mg
- Sodium 197.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 4.0 g