Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 2 medium onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 3 cups pumpkin puree
- to taste pepper
- 1⁄2 cup cream, whipped
- to taste nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin seeds, toasted
- First, steam a pumpkin, cut into pieces, for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Puree in electric mixer or food processor.
- Set aside. Can be prepared a day or two in advan ce. When ready to make the soup.
- Saute onions in butter in a large saucepan over low heat until soft. Sprinkle in flour and stir 2 to 3 minutes.
- Gradually add chicken broth, half and half, then pumpkin puree. Cook gently for 15 minutes.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Pour into bowls and top with dollop of whipped cream, a dusting of nutmeg and pumpkin seeds.
The overall taste was good but I think next time I will leave out the onions all together, it was very heavy on onion flavor and I only used one
This was very good, except I had to really thin down the soup with more Chicken stock and more half and half. I adjusted the spices to my taste which I like things spicier. It was creamy , and very good. Thanks for a great recipe.
An excellent recipe! I used fresh pumpkin purée, and only half a cup of half-and-half to decease the fat, adding half a cup of water .. thanks!