Prep 0 mins
Cook 55 mins
On a cold wintery day this is a superb soup to warm up your bones with ginger and cinnamon undertones. The original recipe for this soup was made famous by the Jerusalem Ramada Renaissance Hotel, however I added more depth to this so that it would be more suitable for a cold winter climate.
- 2 large yellow onions, diced
- 1 inch fresh ginger, grated
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 7 cups water
- 1 (15 ounce) can , pumpkins
- 1 medium white potato, peeled and cubed
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vegetable soup mix (Gluten Free)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 cup half &half cream
- pine nuts (to garnish) (optional)
- 1.In a stainless steel pot under medium high flame, sauté onions in oil until golden. Then stir in ginger.
- 2. Add the water, pumpkin, potato, applesauce and sweet potatoes. Bring to a boil. Cover, lower heat, and simmer for about 35 minutes. Let it cool.
- 3. With a hand blender, puree vegetables until smooth.
- 4. Add soup mix, salt, cinnamon, pepper and maple syrup and continue simmering for an additional ten minutes.
- 5. Stir in creamer and remove from heat. Serve sprinkled with pine nuts.