1/1 Photo of Pumpkin Soup (Gluten Free)
Vegetarian Hostess's Note:
On a cold wintery day this is a superb soup to warm up your bones with ginger and cinnamon undertones. The original recipe for this soup was made famous by the Jerusalem Ramada Renaissance Hotel, however I added more depth to this so that it would be more suitable for a cold winter climate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large yellow onions, diced
- 1 inch fresh ginger, grated
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 7 cups water
- 1 (15 ounce) can , pumpkins
- 1 medium white potato, peeled and cubed
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vegetable soup mix (Gluten Free)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 cup half &half cream
- pine nuts (to garnish) (optional)
- 11.In a stainless steel pot under medium high flame, sauté onions in oil until golden. Then stir in ginger.
- 22. Add the water, pumpkin, potato, applesauce and sweet potatoes. Bring to a boil. Cover, lower heat, and simmer for about 35 minutes. Let it cool.
- 33. With a hand blender, puree vegetables until smooth.
- 44. Add soup mix, salt, cinnamon, pepper and maple syrup and continue simmering for an additional ten minutes.
- 55. Stir in creamer and remove from heat. Serve sprinkled with pine nuts.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Soup (Gluten Free)
Serving Size: 1 (274 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 144.7
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 7.9 mg
- Sodium 765.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 1.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: