Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
These are so cute! It is such a nice way to serve your first course instead of a whole lot of appetizers! The cordial glasses hold just enough to stave off your guests' appetite. Cottage Living Magazine, 11/2006. We served them with hibiscus flowers on the tray and it looked very festive as well as tasting good!
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 onion, minced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cooked pumpkin
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken broth or 2 1⁄2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste (for that extra kick)
- 2 tablespoons creme fraiche or 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion; sauté until tender but not brown.
- Stir in pumpkin and next 4 ingredients.
- Cover and simmer 30 minutes.
- Pour soup into cordial glasses; top with a dollop of crème fraîche.