Recipe by weekend cooker
Great for the Holiday season, or for an evening soup. Low calorie meal, approximately 70 calories per serving.
Top Review by Lucky in Bayview
This was good and simple. There wasn't much flavor going on, but that can be a nice change from other really robust, rich meals. I tasted it after about six hours and wasn't too happy, but after about 8 hours the soup had reduced some and the pepper and onion were soft and their flavors had mellowed. I double the thyme and need to add more salt. We thought this would make a great base for chowder. Thanks for posting the recipe.
- 59.14 ml chopped green pepper
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 473.18 ml low sodium chicken broth or 473.18 ml broth, fat removed
- 473.18 ml pumpkin puree
- 473.18 ml skim milk
- 0.59 ml dried thyme
- 0 reaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1.23 ml salt
- 29.58 ml cornstarch
- 59.14 ml cold water
- 4.92 ml fresh parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients except cornstarch, cold water, and fresh parsley in a slow cooker, and mix well.
- Cover, and cook 5-6 hours on low setting.
- During the last hour add cornstarch, mixed with water and stir until soup thickens.
- Just before serving, stir in parsley.