Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Smooth texture, sweetness from pumpkin and bit of saltiness from crispy bacon that's what it taste like my super simple pumpkin soup.
- 700 g butternut pumpkin, peeled, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups chicken stock
- salt & pepper
- 1 cup light cream
- 5 slices middle bacon, chopped, pan fried
- fresh parsley or chives, to decorate
- In large heavy saucepan heat olive oil. Add chopped onion, garlic and saute for few minutes. Add pumpkin and chicken stock and bring to the boil.
- Let it simmer on low heat, covered until tender about 35-45 minute.
- Blend the soup with stick mixer until smooth. Stir in light cream. Season with salt and pepper if need it.
- Serve soup with pan fried bacon pieces, fresh herbs and crusty bread.
This soup is delicious. I'd been looking for a great pumpkin soup recipe and this is the one. The only thing I did differently was add a pinch of pumpkin pie spice. I used fresh chives to garnish, and it was so, so good! Thank you, Hanka for your great recipe.