Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this recipe on the Taste of Home website. After being in Switzerland and having Kurbis Soup (Pumpkin Soup), I have been looking for a recipe to make at home. This recipe is delicious! Perfect for Fall nights. I use milk instead of whipping cream in order to save calories. Pumpkin seeds would also be a nice crunchy garnish.
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender.
- Remove from heat; stir in flour until smooth.
- Gradually stir in broth, pumpkin, brown sugar, salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add cream; cook for 2 minutes or until heated through.