Recipe by Chef Luciano
I found this recipe on the Taste of Home website. After being in Switzerland and having Kurbis Soup (Pumpkin Soup), I have been looking for a recipe to make at home. This recipe is delicious! Perfect for Fall nights. I use milk instead of whipping cream in order to save calories. Pumpkin seeds would also be a nice crunchy garnish.
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender.
- Remove from heat; stir in flour until smooth.
- Gradually stir in broth, pumpkin, brown sugar, salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add cream; cook for 2 minutes or until heated through.