- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can canned pumpkin
- 1 3⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper, to taste
- tops green onion, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Place onion into saucepan.
- Add small amount of the 2 cups water and cook onion until tender (about 3 minutes).
- Add the pumpkin, broth, remaining water, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low, add the milk and reheat until hot.
- Do not boil.
- Season with pepper and garnish with green onion tops.
- May also add more cinnamon or nutmeg for a different taste.