1/2 Photos of Pumpkin Soup
1 hr 10 mins
This was an easy put together for a recipe I needed for one of my many pumpkins. When I write below medium pumpkin this is how I mean by it in relation to the other size pumpkin: Gigantic pumpkins are used for record breakers. There are people out there that want to set all kinds of regional and world records so they create the biggest size pumpkin you could possibly imagine. Big pumpkins are typically sold in many stores and are good for making those Jack-O-Lantern faces. Small and miniature pumkins are those that can fit into the palm of your hands and are no problem to carry. The miniature pumpkin si especially decorative, while the small pumpkin you could probalby put outside on Halloween with your other pumpkins to decorate your front lawn. the medium pumkin is somewhere in between the large and small pumpkins. Also, if you don't have chicken stock, you can use plain water and add 2 chicken bouillon cubes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1After peeling and seeding the pumpkin (this includes taking the other stuff out), cut the pumpkin into large pieces.
- 2Saute the onion in the vegetable oil on low for about 8 minutes. Add the garlic and saute for another 1 minute.
- 3Add the salt, pepper, and turmeric and saute for another 2 minutes.
- 4Add the pumpkin and the chicken stock or broth and turn the heat on high until it boils. Then put on low and let simmer for 45 minutes.
- 5Put the soup in a blender in batches and blend until smooth. If it gets too watery, drain the water and continue to blend the rest of the soup.
- 6Put the soup back into the pot and add parsley.
- 7Serve while hot.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Soup
Serving Size: 1 (309 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 133.7
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 8.4 mg
- Sodium 402.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 7.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: