Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I grow my own pumpkins and always make a batch of this soup. Its the only soup my husband likes. I hope you enjoy.
- Melt butter in a large pot and fry off onions and garlic until just soft.
- Add pumkin, carrots and sweet potato and let veggies sweat for about 15 minutes Stir a few times.
- Add the bacon and continue to fry lightly until bacon is cooked, then add stock.
- Bring to boil then simmer until carrots are soft.
- Add the cream, salt and pepper then blend with a stick blender until smooth.
- Eat with lots of crusty bread.
This year I had a bumper crop of pumpkins. My first attempt at a pumpkin soup came out pretty boring. When I reviewed this recipe, the use of sweet potato was very appealing. I made this soup per the recipe except I left out the bacon (didn't have, didn't want to buy a pound for 1 slice, and it seemed a bit off-putting). I was very impressed with the result. It does seem to be missing something (bacon perhaps?). I stirred a small amount of orange juice into a sample; I liked the addition, my wife didn't. Perhaps a bit of orange zest? Thanks for the posting.