Recipe by Malissa1959
Quick, easy and healthy but full of flavor
Top Review by SMH
This was pretty good; nice flavor. I didn't have a pear so i used an apple instead. make sure to peel and core that (not stated in the directions) This definately needs salt and pepper though in addition to the other spices. other than that, quick, easy and tastes good.
- 1 (15 ounce) can100% pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- 2 cups low-sodium low-fat chicken broth
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 over ripe pear
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 teaspoons maple syrup, drizzled when served
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1 dash ground cloves
Directions See How It's Made
- Poach pear in chicken broth with cinnamon stick for 5 minutes.
- Turn heat off and add skim milk, pumpkin and blend with a hand blender to macerate the pear and blend in the pumpkin.
- Return to low heat and add dash of nutmeg and ground cloves to taste.
- Ladle into 4 soup bowls and drizzle each with 1 teaspoon of maple syrup.