Recipe by Eric N. Frankel
Warming from the inside. Personal recipe. I do not recommend canned pumpkin, it doesn't come out near the same.
- 1 fresh pumpkin, cleaned, skinned, & cubed
- 2 fresh turnips, cleaned, skinned, & cubed
- 1 large brown onion, cleaned & cubed
- 2 -3 carrots, sliced
- 1 bulb of garlic, minced
- chicken broth (usually 2 large cans Swanson's low sodium, enough to cover)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in Olive oil over medium heat. Add onion & sweat, DO NOT BROWN. When almost translucent, add garlic & continue sweating until onion is translucent.
- Add all other ingredients. Stir, cover & bring to a boil. Lower heat and continue simmering, stirring occasionally, until everything is soft (usually 1 1/2 hours). Turn off heat.
- When cool enough to not burn out your blender, puree. There will usually be more broth than is needed, soup should be thick.