- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 leeks, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1⁄3 kg butternut pumpkin flesh, chopped
- 3 cups water
- 3 teaspoons chicken stock, concentrated (powder, cube, paste etc my stock is quite dense so you may have to adjust amount according to what b)
- 180 ml cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a pan add leeks and garlic and cook until soft.
- Add carrots, pumpkin, stock and water and cook covered until pumpkin is soft.
- Spoon 2 cups of liquid out, (You want it to be quite thick) Blend or process soup until smooth. Add pepper to your liking.
- Serve soup in bowls pour a about 1-2 tablespoons of cream over top and serve immediately.
- Makes about 6-8 servings great for lunches or as a starter.