Recipe by Lynne G
This is my mothers recipe. I like it because of the full favour of the pumpkin and also because it is lovely on a cold winters day.
- 750 g pumpkin
- 250 g potatoes
- 2 large onions
- 1 red capsicum
- 1 liter water
- 3 chicken stock cubes
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel all vegetables and chop roughly.
- Place all ingredients into a large saucepan or stockpot.
- Bring to the boil and simmer, uncovered, until vegetables are very soft and tender.
- (Approx. 25 mins).
- When cooled slightly, puree in food processor, or use a hand held blender to puree in the pot.
- Serve with fresh, crusty bread.