Recipe by Mirj
A thick hearty soup. Delicious served with a fresh dinner roll.
Top Review by KC 1 artist
This is excellent if you make special croutons to float in the soup. Butter 4 or more slices of white or whole wheat bread and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Broil for 1-2 minutes. Cut into 1 inch cubes. Enjoy
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup hard margarine or 1⁄4 cup hard butter
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 (14 ounce) can pumpkin, without spices
- 1⁄2 cup light cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion and green onion in margarine in large saucepan.
- Saute until soft.
- Mix in flour, salt, pepper and ginger.
- Add first amount of vegetable stock, stirring until boiling and thickened.
- Process in blender to smooth.
- Stir in second amount of vegetable stock, pumpkin and cream.
- Heat through.