Recipe by mermaidmagic
This came from fall recipes collected in my daughter's kindergarten class.
Top Review by Lucky Clover
This was the first time I've ever tried pumpkin soup. I love pumpkin, but I just didn't like the taste of this. There was nothing wrong with the recipe. I'm sure some people would like it. It just wasn't for me.
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 lbs pumpkin, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a deep pot, saute the onion in butter over medium heat until golden.
- Add chicken broth, water, pumpkin cubes, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer about 20 minutes, or until the pumpkin cubes are soft.
- Remove from heat and puree the mixture in a blender/food processor.
- Return to the saucepan.
- Add the milk to the puree and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Serve and enjoy!