Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a lovely souffle I like to serve after dinner :-) cook time is time to cook in custard cups. If cooked in souffle dish, time is approx. 1hr 20 mins.
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄3 cup light cream
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Beat egg whites til form firm peaks.
- Beat egg yolks in a lg bowl, stir in pumpkin, sugar, yogurt, cream, butter, orange peel, and nutmeg.
- Fold in beaten egg whites.
- Spoon into 10 custard cups and bake 20-25 minutes.
- You may also spoon into 1 quart souffle dish and bake 1hr and 20mins or until knife inserted comes out clean.
I baked this in a 1 1/2 quart souffle dish for the 80 mins-it turned out with a nice texture and lightly browned. I thought it would taste creamier with the yogurt and milk, but the predominant flavor was orange. I think I would like this better with less orange, more spices, but my kids really like it the way it is. Thanks for sharing!