Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
adapted from "my kitchen addiction" - http://www.mykitchenaddiction.com/2010/09/pumpkin-soda-bread/
- Preheat oven to 400°F Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, brown sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together pumpkin puree and milk. Add to the dry ingredients. Stir until moistened, then add pecans and stir until combined.
- Knead dough a few times by hand, then shape into a loaf and place on the prepared baking sheet. Score the loaf with a sharp knife in the shape of an X.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, until the bread sounds hollow when tapped. Transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool at least 30 minutes before slicing.