Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From The Houston Chronicle----Perfect for Halloween!
- 1 1⁄2 cups fat-free half-and-half
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree, chilled (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 cup non-fat vanilla frozen yogurt or 1 cup vanilla ice cream, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon, divided
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free cool whip, thawed
- Combine half and half,pumpkin,frozen yogurt or ice cream,sugar,1/4 teaspoon cinnamon and the nutmeg in food processor or blender;process or blend until smooth and creamy.
- Divide among four glasses;top each with 2 tablespoons Cool Whip and sprinkle with remaining cinnamon.
I'm not sure if I did something wrong, but I followed the directions using vanilla icecream and I thought the pumpkin smoothie was kind of bland. I actually ended up adding more sugar and french vanilla coffee mate to give it more flavor.
I love pretty much anything pumpkin, but this was a very different recipe that I'd never heard of.....so, to say the least, WE LOVED IT! I added a few cubes of ice to make it extra cold, and 1/2 banana to thickness. The original recipe is definitly great as is, but I just added a couple of personal touches.
Pumpkin pie in a glass! This was quite good! Next time I think I will add a bit more milk so it's not quite so thick. I used light vanilla ice cream and everything else just like the recipe stated. My 2 boys enjoyed this little treat too! Happy Fall!