Recipe by Peggy Lynn
From The Houston Chronicle----Perfect for Halloween!
Top Review by Babycat
I'm not sure if I did something wrong, but I followed the directions using vanilla icecream and I thought the pumpkin smoothie was kind of bland. I actually ended up adding more sugar and french vanilla coffee mate to give it more flavor.
- 1 1⁄2 cups fat-free half-and-half
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree, chilled (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 cup non-fat vanilla frozen yogurt or 1 cup vanilla ice cream, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon, divided
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free cool whip, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine half and half,pumpkin,frozen yogurt or ice cream,sugar,1/4 teaspoon cinnamon and the nutmeg in food processor or blender;process or blend until smooth and creamy.
- Divide among four glasses;top each with 2 tablespoons Cool Whip and sprinkle with remaining cinnamon.