Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I LOVE pumpkin. It's one of those "Ignored Gourds". All it seems that ever comes of them is a lot of toasted seeds, a few good carved faces and melted wax all over it! I suggest trying it more often. The meat can even be used/salvaged from the Ole' Jack-O. Just scrape it out and cook it instead of throwing it out! If not, use any squash, it won't be quite the same, but still tasty! OH... And... NEVER use that canned stuff. ALWAYS use homemade puree, just make sure it is well drained. Peace for Pumpkins!
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1 onion (minced)
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup asian chili paste
- 1⁄2 cup pumpkin puree (or squash)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato soup
- 4 -6 tortillas or 4 -6 spinach tortillas or 4 -6 hamburger buns with sesame seeds
- Brown the turkey, beef and onion.
- Stir in the stock, paste, puree, spices and soup. Bring to a boil. Reduce. Simmer 35 minutes.
- Serve in tortillas, wraps or buns.