Recipe by majakete
Easy! Easy! Easy! Yummy! Yummy! Yummy! Let the kids help out by pressing the crust in the pan (even easier! lol).
Top Review by Heather U.
Loved the filling in these bars-- nice and moist with great, sweet flavor. I like the crust, but didn't love it, perhaps because I'm not a huge fan of cake mix. Next time I'll use the filling in a regular or graham cracker pie crust, which will no doubt make for a smashing pumpkin pie. Still, an easy recipe that went over well with guests makes it a 5-star choice. Thanks for posting! --Heather
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) package light cream cheese
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 16 ounces confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄3 cup crushed pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- For the crust: Combine all 3 ingredients and press along the bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Beat cream cheese and pumpkin together until smooth.
- Add eggs, vanilla and butter and continue beating.
- Add sugar and spices and beat until mixed well.
- Spread mixture over cake batter crust and sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Allow bars to cool and then place in the refrigerator until set (middle will not be set when taken out of the oven).
- Cut into bars and serve with whipped topping if desired.