Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Easy! Easy! Easy! Yummy! Yummy! Yummy! Let the kids help out by pressing the crust in the pan (even easier! lol).
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- For the crust: Combine all 3 ingredients and press along the bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Beat cream cheese and pumpkin together until smooth.
- Add eggs, vanilla and butter and continue beating.
- Add sugar and spices and beat until mixed well.
- Spread mixture over cake batter crust and sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Allow bars to cool and then place in the refrigerator until set (middle will not be set when taken out of the oven).
- Cut into bars and serve with whipped topping if desired.
Loved the filling in these bars-- nice and moist with great, sweet flavor. I like the crust, but didn't love it, perhaps because I'm not a huge fan of cake mix. Next time I'll use the filling in a regular or graham cracker pie crust, which will no doubt make for a smashing pumpkin pie. Still, an easy recipe that went over well with guests makes it a 5-star choice. Thanks for posting! --Heather
I like these pumpkin bars better than plain pumpkin pie. Followed the recipe exactly and they turned out great. Make sure you cool them in refrigerater. Makes them perfect.