Recipe by teresas
This is another recipe I found in my old cookbook..."Great American RV Club Cookbook"...it say it is an unusual and easy for the fall and winter table.
Top Review by rpgaymer
This was the perfect casserole for Halloween. It looked great on the table, although the pumpkin does tend to get droopy the longer it sits. The sides of the pumpkin were easily scraped off and mixed with the apple filling, and was full of Fall flavors. Very nice.
- 1 small pumpkin (about 7-inch diameter)
- 2 cups apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Wash pumpkin and cut a lid in the top.
- Scrape out seeds and clean.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl and toss gently.
- Spoon mixture into pumpkin shell.
- Replace lid and place pumpkin on lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Top with sour cream if desired.
- May be served hot or cold.