Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Recipe courtesy of Taste of Home magazine. This is a moist, flavorful cake.
- 1 (15 ounce) can solid pack pumpkin
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 5 tablespoons butter or 5 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3⁄4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 teaspoons milk
- chopped nuts
- In a mixing bowl, beat pumpkin, sugar and oil.
- Add eggs; mix well.
- Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; add to pumpkin mixture and beat until well blended.
- Pour into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25-30 minutes or until cake tests done.
- For frosting, beat the cream cheese, butter and vanilla in a mixing bowl until smooth.
- Gradually add sugar; mix well.
- Add milk until frosting reaches desired spreading consistency. Frost cake.
- Sprinkle with nuts.
mmmmmmm! This was very good! Didn't change anything.
I made this with fresh pumpkin and it was excellent. I subbed two cups of pumkin for the can of pumpkin. I topped mine with chopped pecans. I would recommend this recipe to anyone. Simply delicious. My family loved it.