Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Really easy recipe that I got from a nice elder lady I figured I would share this with other people. I'm not a person that likes pumpkin but this cake is really good!!
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 425.24 g can solid-pack pumpkin
- 236.59 ml vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 9.85 ml ground cinnamon
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml ground cloves
- 170.09 g cream cheese, softened
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
- 9.85 ml vanilla extract
- 1064.65 ml confectioners' sugar
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the sugar, pumpkin, oil and eggs.
- In a seperate bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, and cloves.
- Gradually add to pumkpin mixture and mix well.
- Pour into a greased cookie sheet (my sheet is 17 1/2 x 12 and it workd just right for this cake).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. (If you used a smaller pan the cake will be thicker and will take a little longer to bake.).
- For frosting, in a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and vanilla until smooth.
- Gradually beat in the confectioner's sugar until smooth.
- Spread over cooled cake.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving.