Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 hrs
From Southern Living.
- 2 (8 ounce) blocks extra-sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) container chive & onion cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 stalk broccoli
- apple, slices (red and green assorted apples)
- Combine Cheddar cheese and next 4 ingredients in a bowl until blended. Cover and chill 4 hours or until mixture is firm enough to be shaped.
- Shape mixture into a ball to resemble a pumpkin. Smooth entire outer surface with a frosting spatula or table knife. Make vertical grooves in ball, if desired, using fingertips.
- Cut florets from broccoli stalk, and reserve for another use. Cut stalk to resemble a pumpkin stem, and press into top of cheese ball. Serve cheese ball with apple wedges.
- Note: To make ahead, wrap cheese ball in plastic wrap without stalk, and store in refrigerator up to 2 days. Attach stalk before serving.
What an incredible idea! I love it!