Recipe by Crook cook
I got this recipe from my favorite cook book extra veganza.. I have been bringing this pate to potluck . And the next day all my friends called me to get the recipe. When you try it ounce you can't have an other wrap or sandwich without it! I always make big batch and keep some in the freezer.
Top Review by magpie diner
I love the book ExtraVeganZa as well, but have never stopped to read this recipe, so I'm glad you've pointed it out to me here. BTW, I thought I was onto something new with a "Pater" ;) as written in the title. The flavour is great, even tho I forgot the onion....and the hardest part of the recipe is cleaning up your food processor. Got to like that! I can absolutely imagine bringing this to potlucks or serving at a party. It's going to be great for lunches which is why I decided to try it today.
- 1 cup of grounded raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 big yam
- 1⁄2 red onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons tamari
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Its super simple : just trow all the ingredients in the food processor, except the last two.
- Blend it until smooth. Oil a loaf pan or a pie dish. Scoop the mixture and spread it evenly .Then sprinkle it with the rosemary and sesame seeds.
- Place it in a preheated oven 350 F and cook it for 40 minutes.